Benefits Of Seeing A Chiropractor In Charlotte
Here at Proactive Chiropractic, our Charlotte chiropractor aims to help you reach a better quality of life by living pain-free. We offer a non-surgical and holistic approach to chiropractic care, all without invasive procedures and medications that could damage your health. It’s time to get back to pain-free living. Keep reading to learn more about chiropractic care and Proactive Chiropractic!
What Does a Chiropractor Do?
At Proactive Chiropractic and Rehab Center, we take a non-surgical approach to treat disorders of the nervous and musculoskeletal system. We focus on providing spinal manipulation and treatment of areas surrounding the spine, allowing the body to heal naturally.
Starting with a thorough exam, we will investigate the low back, mid back, and neck for symptoms including heat, skin changes and spasms of the muscle. We will also check your range of motion and take a closer look at how your body moves.
With a diagnosis, we offer many different treatments for your pain ranging from simple manipulation to nutrition recommendations. We provide a treatment plan that is unique to your needs.
The Benefits of Seeing a Chiropractor
Why should you see a chiropractor for treatment alongside your family physician? Most disorders of the nervous and musculoskeletal system are treatable with non-invasive care without pain medication and surgical procedures. Your body heals best naturally.
What are some of the other benefits of seeing a chiropractor?
- Stress relief: Stress is a leading cause of pain in all areas of the body. At Proactive Chiropractic, we give you the tools necessary to deal with stress pain when it occurs.
- Better sleep: Are you having a difficult time falling asleep or staying asleep? Stress and aches and pains can cause insomnia. Chiropractic care can improve sleep quality, ensuring you receive the rest your body requires each night.
- Immune system boost: Did you know that as your chiropractor performs an adjustment, it is removing subluxations that hinder your nervous system? When your nervous system is working properly, information will go to and from your immune system seamlessly.
- Better posture: In a world where we spend a lot of time at our computer desk, long periods of time in this position can have negative effects on our posture, causing pain and discomfort. Regular chiropractic care can help you improve your posture.
- Pain relief: If you suffer from migraines, consistent back pain, neck pain, headaches, or even leg pain, chiropractic care can help. Your pain relief could be waiting on the other side of a simple, in-office manipulation.
What Conditions Does a Chiropractor Treat?
Proactive Chiropractic serves patients with both short-term and long-term back, neck and body pain. Whether the pain is the result of a motor vehicle accident or a disorder of the musculoskeletal or nervous system, there is a treatment available.
Some of the conditions we treat include:
- Back pain: Back pain can be widespread or felt in one general area. It can also be felt in other areas of the body due to the nervous system. Not all back pain is the same and can range from a dull ache to excruciating pain.
- Headaches: Chiropractic care can help reduce or eliminate headaches that range from tension headaches to migraine headaches to chronic, daily headaches. There are many treatment options available for headaches within chiropractic.
- Hip pain: Although it is common for seniors to experience it, hip pain can plague individuals of all ages. Often caused by irritation of the nerves in the spine, hip pain benefits greatly from chiropractic care.
- Neck pain: We treat all the many causes of neck pain, acute or chronic. Most neck pain has a root cause. We work to find this cause and then create a treatment plan to fit.
- Shoulder pain: It could be a rotator cuff or several other reasons as a cause for your pain. No matter what the cause is, chiropractic care and therapy can help.
Signs You Should See a Chiropractor
Everyday pain or pain that you experience after heavy activity may often be passed off as coincidental, a sign of aging or typical soreness. However, if you experience these symptoms often, or pain that is worse than normal, it could be time to visit a chiropractor.
Are you experiencing any of these symptoms?
- Chronic joint pain: Do you often have pain in your joints, no matter your level of activity? Most joint or muscle pain is a result of alignment issues within your musculoskeletal system. Chiropractors can help realign your spine and other parts of your body to improve joint pain.
- Persistent headaches: Do you suffer from headaches often? Maybe you experience a headache daily. Whatever the case may be, headaches often stem from a neck or upper back that is out of alignment.
- Piercing rain in leg: Your sciatic nerve is a critical nerve within your body. If you are experiencing piercing or sudden pain in your leg, you could have a pinched sciatic nerve that requires treatment.
- Waking up sore: Do you wake up in the mornings feeling sore, even after a good night’s rest? You may need a back adjustment. If you frequently feel lower back pain after waking up, your muscles are experiencing significant strain.
What Should You Look For in a Chiropractor?
The chiropractor that you choose should have all of the qualities to ensure you have the best experience possible.
Passion for Chiropractic Care
Your chiropractor should have a passion for chiropractic care, always learning new techniques and always offering the most up-to-date treatments. A chiropractor who genuinely enjoys chiropractic care will enjoy working with patients like you, creating the best atmosphere for healing and advice.
High Level of Coordination
Your chiropractor should exhibit a high level of coordination when it comes to his or her own hands. Lack of coordination can result in faulty treatments and unnecessary pain for patients.
Empathy and Humility
Chiropractors are involved in your health and should have a great sense of empathy and humility. To get the most of your treatment and adjustment, you will need to feel relaxed and at peace with your chiropractor. Empathy and humility can create that open space of trust.
What else should you look for in a chiropractor? Click here to learn more.
Are Chiropractors Doctors?
Chiropractors are specially licensed to perform chiropractic care. This means they must have a degree as a Doctor of Chiropractic or DC. Although this isn’t the same as a medical doctor’s degree or MD, chiropractors must go through extensive training in a traditional doctorate program.
Chiropractors must learn the same curriculum that a medical doctor does to perform and interpret x-rays and blood tests to help with diagnosis. However, chiropractors study intensely about body functions, how the body’s systems work together and how to properly use adjustment treatments.
What’s the Difference Between Chiropractors and Masseuses?
The main difference between a chiropractor and a masseuse lies within the treatment plan. A simple massage can improve your pain for a short amount of time. Chiropractors use complete treatment plans to come up with a diagnosis and a solution for that diagnosis.
Chiropractors are able to provide treatment, request x-rays, and bloodwork. In some states, chiropractors may also provide medication, if required. They also focus on disorders of the musculoskeletal and nervous systems such as joint pain, headaches, and tension. Masseuses cannot order testing and focus on anxiety, pain and improved circulation.
Common Myths About Seeing a Chiropractor
There are many misconceptions surrounding chiropractic care that should not deter you from potential pain relief. Some of these myths include:
- Chiropractic care is dangerous. When performed by a chiropractic doctor, chiropractic care is safe. This type of care is safer than prescription drugs, over the counter medications and surgical intervention.
- Chiropractic care hurts. Tiredness and dizziness could follow a treatment. However, there is no evidence of chiropractic care causing pain.
- Chiropractic care never ends. The frequency of your treatment will depend on your health, your lifestyle factors, the source of your pain and diagnosis. Much like going to the dentist, most patients feel they only need a check-up every once in a while after successful treatment.
Looking for a Chiropractor Who Understands Your Pain?
Proactive Chiropractic understands that pain is not only felt physically but emotionally. We would love to partner with you to create a treatment plan that gets you back to feeling your best. Reach out to us online or give us a call at (704) 504-1770 today!
8:00am - 6:00pm
12:00pm - 6:00pm
8:00am - 6:00pm
12:00pm - 6:00pm
8:00am - 1:30pm
(Open Every Other Week)
9:00am - 12:00pm